Qualifications: Any member in good standing may serve as Scholarship Committee Chairperson as appointed by the President and Board.
The Scholarship Committee Chairperson will be appointed annually, however, there is no limit as to the number of years a person may serve in this capacity. The primary responsibilities of the Scholarship Committee Chairperson are to notify the general membership of scholarships available at least 3 months prior to the meeting and to distribute scholarships among applicants without bias.
Other duties include:
1. Recruit other members to serve on the Committee.
2. Conduct a vote on application when needed.
3. Report to the Board and general membership annually.
4. Maintain records of Scholarship application and disbursement.
5. Provide succeeding Chairperson with records in a timely manner (usually within one month).