Qualifications: Any member in good standing may be elected to the office of Secretary.
The main business of the Society is carried out at the annual meeting. The Secretary must be able to attend the annual meeting. The Secretary serves a two-year term and is eligible for election to a second term. The primary responsibility of the Secretary is to keep records of activities of the Society including minutes at the Board and business meetings.
Other duties include:
1. Request a supply of Society stationary and envelopes.
2. Assist with the mailings of programs, meeting information, election ballots, and other Society business as needed. This must be done at least 6 weeks prior to scheduled meetings.
3. Maintain current copies of the Constitution and Bylaws and distribute changes as needed. A current copy of the C & B should be available to the Officers and Board members at the annual meeting.
4. Make sure registration desk is covered at the annual meeting.
5. Keep a record of all correspondence to serve as a guide for future Secretaries.
6. Serve on Committees as appointed by the President.
7. Complete any other duties as requested by the President or Board.
8. Represent the Society at other professional meetings as needed.
9. Provide succeeding Secretary with written record in a timely manner.